Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter to everyone. I haven't spent mine doing anything special---except going to the BEACH! I checked out the beach, which happens to be about a 15 minute walk from my apartment on Friday, and decided I would spend my Easter by the water, since it would be the only time I will probably ever do that. I was at the beach for a while today and it was absolutely fantastic. The sun was beaming, and the water looked great. I would imagine the water would still be pretty cold though, but I did see one person jump in with what looked like a possible dare from some friends. He didn't look too comfortable when he got out. One of the neat things is you can see the Øresund Bridge in the distance. The Øresund Bridge is this long bridge that connects Copenhagen to Sweden. It looks pretty cool, and I'll probably be traveling on it sometime!

We had this week off from all football for a couple of reasons. The first being that neither the U19 team or the Seniors have a game from at least 3 weeks, and the U19 National Team camp was from Thursday until today, and we have quite a few players and most of our coaches taking part in that. It was a bit awkward of a week since football is my guaranteed social interaction for the week. However, a few of the DL wanted to get together to do some conditioning type stuff on the off days, so I gladly planned that and enjoyed the wonderful weather. The weather has been absolutely fantastic here---about 65 and sunny, so the days have been beyond enjoyable. The whole week is like an Easter Holiday for the country, as a lot of the players left town and traveled it seemed like. Almost everything shuts down from Thursday until like Tuesday from what I was told.

On Thursday after the running, I went and BBQed with a couple of the DL guys, AG (Showtime) and Lars. It was a blast, especially because I love BBQing. We all got a different variation of chicken and some garlic bread and just threw it on the pit and sat on the porch enjoying the fantastic weather. After eating and hanging for a bit, we went inside to watch the new Rambo movie during one channel's "Pumped Up Easter" movie weekend. However, following Rambo was Semi-Pro, which is on the complete opposite side of the movie spectrum. I left around midnight and caught the bus home. I was the only person on the bus for most of the ride, it was kind of creepy.

The next exciting the I did was on Saturday. Without any general human interaction on Friday due to Esben being with the U19 at the National Camp, I met up with one of the OL guys, Alex and we hung out. We go some ice cream and sat at this one beach for a while, then we met up with a few more players and former players and got some dinner. I got a #37, which is the way things work here when ordering. Everything is a number and you order a number. The great thing is they had an English menu, so I didn't have to get someone to translate everything for me. The #37 was pork tenderloin, with vegetables in some kind of sauce and fries. The best part was by far the sauce. I have no idea what kind of sauce it was, but I was dipping my fries in it because it was that good! After the movie, we all went to the drive-in and saw Limitless. It was pretty cool catching a drive-in movie for the first time ever. The movie was pretty good, but I felt like there wasn't much of a bang in it. Certain parts were predictable, but I did like how it ended. Bradley Cooper looks like a cool dude. The trailer for the Hangover 2 was on during the previews and that looks freaking great. I cannot wait to see that!

So that was my week. In football news, the Cougars (who we beat 40-16 in our opening game) played their second game of the EFAF Cup against the Coventry Jets and beat them by a score of 87-7. It was a bit of a baffling score, but they were missing a few key players against us, so I guess those guys make quite a difference. Basically, when we go to Coventry in two weeks, its a win and advance situation, which is pretty exciting for us! So I know we are going to have two great weeks of practice and be fully prepared for the Jets. If we win, we would play the London Blitz, who won their group beating a team from Amsterdam as well as a team from Valencia. Finally, there is a picture of me getting a sack on the Cougars QB. He was a bit faster than me, and I was just going for his legs. I feel pretty cool that I can say I sacked a UCLA guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment