Thursday, March 10, 2011

I'm Officially Official

Today I received my Danish CPR number and got my work visa. It basically means I am able to receive medical aid and am allowed in the country for and extended period of time. It's such a relief because I really felt Danish Immigration really breathing down my neck every where I went!

Yesterday was a pretty normal day. It was a bit rainy, but I ventured out to wander anyway. I walked down by my gym and just started walking. I didn't really care where I was going, I just wanted to see what was around. I had no idea where I was going, but I just kept walking and turning down random streets. After about 45 minutes of that, I decided to make my way back---whichever way that was. I got extremely lucky and made a turn down a street that just happened to be the one I live on. I passed a McDonald's on my way back and almost stopped in, but I decided to just keep walking.
At the time, I didn't know where I was and started to freak out a little. I was going to give it a few more minutes until I called Esben and told him where I was and how do I get back. I found my relief when I noticed the pizza place Esben and I ate at a few nights ago. It was one of the happiest feelings of my life knowing where I was.

I then stopped in at Netto again to get some food. I got some stuff to make pasta, and decided to get some Roast Beef and Salami, basically because that is what it was called on the package, so I knew what it was. It was pretty expensive I believe, but it is really good. I'm starting to get the hang of this shopping thing. I am just waiting for the time the cashier asks me a question, and I have to look puzzled and ask for English.

Thursday got an early start at 8 as Esben and I began our trek to the city to get my official work visa and CPR number. We took the metro, the S-Tog, and some buses to get where we needed to go. It was a pretty rainy day, so I couldn't really whip out my phone and get any pictures. It was cool to get a feel for the public transportation and see a bit of the city. All of that took about 4 hours, and we got back and I ate some leftover pasta, took a short nap, and watched The Fresh Prince before Esben and I headed out to take the Metro to practice. He left early with me to show me how to get there, since I have to be there before 5 for the U19 practice, and he doesn't have to get there until around 7. The hardest part will be recognizing the words and where to go since its not in English. The announcements are in both Danish and English for the most part, so that makes it easy.

Tomorrow should be a fun day as I will be a tourist in the city. Kim's mom, Sanne is the treasurer for the Gold Diggers and a real sweetheart. She is taking me around the city and showing me all the tourist stuff and giving me the history of things. Hopefully it is a nice day so I can take a lot of pictures. I'm really looking forward to this, as I have driven by a lot of what's to see, but not actually been up close or heard more of a background on things.

The football side of my trip is going well. I enjoy making corrections on the film and its super easy. The players are incredibly dedicated and a blast to work with. We had 5 guys including myself for the practice tonight, so we knew we would get a lot of work in. We got an amazing amount accomplished in our rainy, cold practice, and I think we are going to be a top D-Line in Denmark. There are things we definitely need to fix and work on, but most of these guys are like sponges soaking up every word I say and asking questions when they don't understand. I'm really lucky to be a part of a team like the Gold Diggers. We have our first practice game in a little over the week, and I can't wait to see what we are all about. It should be a blast, just like everything else has.

Well, that's it for me now. And since it is a Thursday I will make my Jersey Shore reference. I keep seeing commercials here for the start of season 3, so I can't wait to relive all those great moments. Enjoy it tonight!

1 comment: